What you need to know - before you study abroad.
The Monte Ahuja College of Business offers the opportunity to study abroad at one of our exchange universities or to study abroad at an international university of the student's choice.
Students should begin applying for study abroad opportunities one year before the planned semester abroad. For more information about the application process, please view the process here.
|Term Abroad||Deadline for Course pre-Approvals|
The Center for International Services offers an abbreviated list of affiliate programs with which Cleveland State University has experience here. These are not the only programs (or countries) to choose from. Study abroad through these programs will earn you transfer credit, applicable to most business degree requirements with appropriate pre-approvals through the College of Business Study Abroad process.
Requirements for Earning Academic Credit from Your Study Abroad Experience:
- Connect with either Undergraduate Advising or Graduate Advising to schedule an in-person meeting with an academic advisor and follow the process outlined here.
- Schedule an in-person meeting with the Center for International Services and Programs Office. The College of Business works closely with the Center for International Services and Programs to help guide you through the Study Abroad experience.
- Undergraduate students should have earned a minimum of 32 total credit hours at Cleveland State University prior to the study abroad experience.
- Undergraduate students should also have earned at least 15 credit hours of business coursework from the Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University with at least 50% of the business core and at least another 15 credit hours within the student's chosen major prior to studying abroad.
- Students must also meet the general study abroad eligibility criteria for Cleveland State University as outlined on the Center for International Services and Programs website here.
- For business coursework completed abroad, once the courses are approved, the student must have earned a grade of "C" or better in order to transfer the credit hours to the Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University.
Developing your Monte Ahuja College of Business Study Abroad Academic Plan:
The Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University is proud to be accredited by AACSB in both business and accounting. (Learn more about our accreditation here.) Because less than 5% of the world's business schools have earned AACSB accrediation, we require that students obtain pre-approval of course work and work with an academic advisor to have those courses approved. Before scheduling your appointment, consider taking the following steps to make the most out of your appointment:
- Read the catalog course descriptions for the courses you plan on taking at the university you plan on attending.
- Read the catalog course descriptions in the current Cleveland State University catalog and make a list of courses that potentially match the ones that you plan on enrolling in for your study abroad experience.
- Follow the process for studying abroad here.