The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in General Business provides students a breadth of knowledge in business concepts such as accounting, finance, operations, marketing, management, selling and entrepreneurship. This major is ideal for working professionals and business owners.
The BBA in General Business offers two options to satisfy the major requirements. Students must select one track to satisfy the required major field 33 credit hours:
The On-Campus Track provides a specific and flexible business educational experience. Students can select from business academic areas of interest that support their career direction and offers can participate in business internship experiences based on the selected minor or certificate options required to satisfy the General Business major On-Campus Track. See the curriculum for the On-Campus Track here.
The Online Track provides a flexible, online business education experience which supports full-time or part-time working professionals. Students can select business courses from a variety of business disciplines such as real estate, marketing, management, accounting and additional business areas. See the curriculum for the Online Track here.
A minimum of 120 credit hours are required to earn the Bachelor of Business Administration General Business Major. The selection of one of two tracks is also required and students must complete 33 credit hours of 300 or 400 level courses to satisfy the General Business Major required electives.
Academic and Graduation Requirements: The General Business major requires completion of an overall average GPA of 2.0 within the major coursework. A grade of "C" or higher is required for all 33 credit hours of coursework associated with the major field track for the General Business major. All courses in which a grade lower than a "C" was earned associated with the major field track for the General Business major must be repeated.
Curriculum On-Campus Track:
The On-Campus Track requires students to select two programs from the Monte Ahuja College of Business Minor and Certificate undergraduate programs. Students who select the On-Campus Track are allowed to enroll in online courses required for their selected business minor or certificate programs. Click the links below to learn more about each program:
Curriculum Online Track:
The Online Track requires students to successfully complete 33 credit hours. Students must select 11 courses from the following list of approved business coursework based on the student's interests. The General Business major requires completion of an overall average GPA of 2.0 within the major coursework and CSU requires an overall GPA of 2.0 in order to file for graduation.
Students who select the Online Track may enroll in CSU on-campus courses on the approved major elective course list in order to satisfy their elective requirement. Courses students can select from include:
- ACT 455 Internal Auditing
- ACT 465 Fraud Examination
- BUS 490 Business Internship
- BUS 493 Special Topics
- FIN 353 Introduction to Investments
- FIN 477 Real Estate Finance
- IST 430 Knowledge Management
- IST 461 Business Analysis
- MGT 301 Principles of Management
- MGT 302 Principlees of Labor and Industrial Relations
- MGT 340 Human Resource Management
- MGT Organizational Theory and Design
- MKT 420 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 441 Integrated Marketing Communications
- MKT 452 Business-to-Business Marketing
- MKT 454 Online Marketing Strategies
- MKT 456 Customer Relationship Management
- MKT 457 Social Media and Mobile Marketing
- MKT 461 Global Marketing Strategy
- MKT 488 Multicultural Marketing
- PRM 344 Real Estate Principles and Practices
- PRM 444 Real Estate Law
- PRM 477 Real Estate Appraisal
- OSM 442 Innovation Management