A minor in Health Care Management focuses on developing business skills for health-related professionals. having an understanding of business principles, the unique challenges facing health care systems today, as well as how management and medicine work together can provide a competitive edge when seeking a career in health care.
Health Care Management Requirements
Core Courses (four courses, 12 credit hours):
- MGT 301 Principles of Management
- MGT 321 Organizational Behavior
- HCA 301 The American Health Care System
- HCA 420 Management of Health Care Organizations
Elective Courses (choose 1 course or 3 additional credit hours):
- IST 352 Health Information Technology Applications
- IST 452 Managing Healthcare Information Technology
- HSC 203 Medical Terminology
- PHL 240 Health Care Ethics*
- UST 302 Contemporary Urban Issues*
*These courses may also fulfill a General Education Requirement.