Identifying and mitigating risks, achieving strategic goals, implementing best practices, providing assurance, increasing efficiency and effectiveness and understanding business proceses from start to finish are just a few of the in-demand skills provided by the Governance, Risk Management and Compliance Minor.
Governance, Risk Management and Compliance Minor Requirements
Pre-requisites: ACT 221, 222 and OSM 202
- Undergraduate students in any major who have completed ACT 222 and OSM 202 or the equivalents, with a grad of "C" or better are eligible for the Governance, Risk Management and Compliance Minor
- Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses in order to earn the minor
Core Courses (two courses, 6 credit hours):
- ACT 455 Internal Auditing*
- ACT 465 Fraud Examination
*Accounting Majors may substitute ACT 451 Auditing
Elective Courses (select two courses, 6 credit hours):
- ACT 475 Accounting Analytics
- ACT 456 Governance, Risk and Compliance
- ACT 453 Information Systems Auditing
- ACT 490 Internship*
- FIN 470 Introduction to Risk and Insurance
- FIN 489 Financial Derivatives
- IST 475 IT Governance
*Subject to departmental approval.
For more information, contact the department office at 216-687-4720 or email@example.com.
Or, schedule an appointment with a Business Academic Advisor to learn more:
Monte Ahuja College of Business
1860 East 18th Street, BU 219