For Business and Non-Business Majors Alike
Designed to provide opportunities for students by enhancing their fundamental knowledge and developing sales skills that are desired by industry, the Professional Sales Certificate provides hands-on, applied skills and experiences to enable students to transition smoothly to a career as a sales professional.
- MKT 350 Principles of Personal Selling
- MKT 465 Advanced Selling and Sales Force Management
Elective Courses (Choose 2 from the list below):
- MKT 301 Fundamentals of Marketing
- MGT 301 Principles of Management
- GAD 250 Business Communications
- COM 225 Media Writing
- COM 240 Professional Communication
- COM 242 Public and Professional Speaking
- FMA 222 Writing the Short Script
- FMA 321 Writing for Broadcast and Interactive Media
- EEC 414 Technical Communication
- NUR 346 Professional Writing and Communication
- MKT 457 Social Media and Mobile Marketing*
- MKT 466 Sales Technology and Decision Making
- MKT 491 Professional Sales Practicum*
*Pre-requisite is MKT 301: Fundamentals of Marketing.
Business and non-business undergraduate students or students with a Bachelor's Degree are eligible to apply for the certificate.
Please contact the Undergraduate Business Advising Office to have the Professional Sales Certificate added to your academic plan:
Monte Ahuja College of Business
1860 East 18th Street, BU 219