Marketing has become increasingly driven by analytics. Data rich market environments have transformed marketing decision making from primarily intuition based to a more scientific, analytics based-approach with specific focus on conversion rates and return on investment. The Graduate Certificate in Marketing Analytics is designed to assist students in developing careers as marketing analysts or planners. The research and decision models introduced during the certificate program provide students with the planning tools they need and use in their careers.
Students and Cleveland-area business people, including marketing research suppliers, consultants, plannersand analysts who desire a more focused, hands-on, and practical experience in marketing decision-making will benefit from the program.
Students who complete the certificate program get hands on experience and will be able to:
- Understand marketing metrics and analytics
- Use secondary data sources and marketing databases in planning
- Collect appropriate data for planning/decision making purposes
- Use sophisticated data analysis techniques
- Conduct sensitivity and scenario analyses to assess plan effectiveness
The program consists of four courses of three credit hours each including a practicum requirement.
Required Courses (2 Courses):
- MKT 604: Strategic and Tactical Marketing
- MKT 607: Product Management
Elective Courses (Choose 1)
- MKT 531: Marketing Research
- MKT 556: Customer Relationship Management
Practicum Course (1 Credit)
- MKT 690: Professional Internship
- MKT 696: Current Problems In Marketing
- The practicum requirement can be satisfied by successfully completing both MKT 531 and MKT 556.
For Further Information Contact:
Department of Marketing
College of Business Administration
1860 East 18th Street, Room 460
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-3610
Phone: (216) 687-4771
FAX: (216) 687-9354