According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 20% to 2026 with an estimated 424,300 positions. Position yourself for success in the health care industry with the NEW Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management.
All Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management Majors must fulfill the University's General Education Requirements. General Education requirements can be found here. Math courses options within the Health Care Management Major include MTH 148 and MTH 149 (General Education requirements) and STA 147 or OSM 202 to satisfy the Major requirements.
A minimum of 120 credit hours are required to earn the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management. The major program is comprised of a Business Core, Health Care Management Core and then Health Care Management core or electives.
The Business Core is 9 courses and 27 credit hours. Classes include:
- BUS 201 Applied Business Statistics (3) or STA 147 Statistical Concepts (3)
- ECN 201 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ECN 202 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- OSM 202 Introduction to Business Analytics (3)
- ACT 221 Accounting I (3)
- ACT 222 Accounting II (3)
- GAD 250 Business Communication (3)
- MGT 321 Organizational Behavior (3)
- FIN 351 Intro to Financial Management (3)
Health Care Management Major Core:
The Health Care Management Core is 11 courses and 31 credit hours. Classes include:
- HSC 203 Medical Terminology (1)
- HCA 150 Introduction to Health Care Management (3)
- HCA 301 American Health Care Systems (3)
- HCA 420 Management of Health Care Organizations (3)
- IST 352 Health Information Technology Applications (3)
- HCA 401 Health Care Financial Management (3)
- HCA 415 Medical Care Organization (3)
- HCA 455 Analysis Of Health Care Markets (3)
- HCA 440 Health Care Law (3)
- HCA 460 Health Care Management Strategy (3)
- HCA 490 Health Care Internship (3)
Health Care Management Major Concentration:
To complete the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management, students must complete 9 additional courses (or 27 credit hours) that include two Writing Across the Curriculum courses. These courses can be electives in the Health Care Management Major or electives from:
- Undergraduate Minors
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Second Undergraduate Major (such as Health Sciences)
- Undergraduate level courses for pre-graduate coursework
Transfer students must complete at least 50% of Health Care Management Major coursework at Cleveland State University to earn the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management.
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management requires a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) and completion of all required major courses with a grade of C or higher.
Want to learn more?
Contact an Undergraduate Business Advisory today! Email us at email@example.com.