Posted on March 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM, updated March 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM Print
The Northern Ohio Association for Financial Professionals is now accepting applications for the organization’s annual scholarship awards. Amounts will be awarded in September 2016. To be considered, applications must be completed accurately and returned to the address provided no later than June 30, 2016.
The association will award an academic scholarship to an outstanding graduate or undergraduate student pursuing a degree in business, including, but not limited to the areas of accounting, finance, computer science and marketing. The award is intended to supplement the educational expenses for the student's current academic year. The amount, number and frequency of the awards will be reviewed and determined annually by the Scholarship Committee and the NOHAFP board of directors. The minimum award will be $1,000.00.
- Full-time graduate students or undergraduate students who are juniors or seniors pursuing an education program that will prepare them for a career in treasury or financial management.
- Candidates must have achieved an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale and a GPA in their major area of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale.
- First preference will be given to current paid up members of NOHAFP and their immediate family members.
- Second preference will be given to students attending approved colleges in the geographic area served by the NOHAFP.
- Approved colleges will be determined annually by a joint decision of the Scholarship Committee and the NOHAFP board of directors.
- The decision will be based on an evaluation of each college's involvement and support of the NOHAFP during the past calendar year.
Please download the application here: NOHAFP Scholarship App-2016.doc
If you have any questions, please contact NOHAFP directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.