The KeyBank Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF) at the Monte Ahuja College of Business is managed by a select group of qualified accounting and finance majors and MBA students. Student-Managed Investment Funds (SMIFs) are recognized for their value in teaching students about critical aspects of investment analysis, investment decision-making and portfolio management.
SMIF is a course that students must apply to and register for in order to be involved.
We include it in our list of student organizations because it provides real-world experience and students can continue to be involved even after they have received course credit.
- Purchase long positions in stocks and ETFs
- Equity positions consist of only S&P 500 Companies
- Cannot hold positions in derivatives or high-yield instruments
- Seek to replicate the weighting of S&P 500 sectors within 4%. Investments will be no less than 2% or more than 10% of the overall fund
To follow the SMIF Class on social media:
- Connect through their LinkedIn profile
- Join the Facebook Group