Incoming Graduate Students
As part of the Monte Ahuja College of Business graduate admission process, we carefully consider each applicant's complete application.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Most prospective graduate business students will take the GMAT or GRE, although the Monte Ahuja School of Business does offer GMAT waivers to highly qualified applicants for certain programs.
To be considered for a GMAT waiver for admission into the Master of business Administration (MBA), You mus meet the following minimum requirements-
- Waived for applicants with a 3.00 undergraduate GPA who have earned their Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from the Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State.
- Cleveland State University undergraduate business alumni may also qualify for additional courses to be waived in the MBA program. Learn more about the CSU BBA 2 MBA program here.
- The GMAT/GRE is also waived for applicants with a 3.00 undergraduate GPA who have earned a business degree from an AACSB-accredited school or college of business within 5 years from the date of their application.
To be considered for a GMAT waiver for admission into the Master of Science in Accounting (MAcc) and Master of information systems (MIS) , You must meet the following minimum requirements-
- Waived for applicants with a 3.00 undergraduate GPA from a domestic (U.S.) college or university which is at least regionally accredited.
- Waived for applicants holding an advanced degree (another Master's, Doctorate, M.D. or J.D.) from a domestic (U.S.) College or university which is at least regionally accredited, or for students who are currently enrolled in the Cleveland-Marshall School of Law.
The minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA for admission into the graduate program is 2.75
To apply for admission to a graduate business program:
- Take the GMAT or GRE and have your results sent to Cleveland State University (School code 1221) or contact the College of Business Office to confirm your qualification for a waiver.
- Complete an application and pay the application fee
- Obtain official transcripts from every post- high school institution attended
- International students should also check the international student admissions page for additional information and requirements.