Professionals transitioning into a supervisory or managerial role for the first time face a whole new set of challenges. Supervisors must take responsibility for the work of others, rather than only the work that they perform. This comprehensive program offers the information and tools new supervisors need to successfully make this transition.
New managers know that the skills that made them a great team player are not the same skills that make you a great supervisor. For any new supervisor, training is key to success in this role.
- It's not enough to follow directions … now you must give directions about what gets done, when, and by whom.
- It's not enough that your projects are accurate and on time … you have to help others keep their projects on track, and see that everyone works together.
- It's not enough to focus only on your department … suddenly you're a member of the management team. Your new peers will expect you to have a broader perspective, including other departments.
You earned your new supervisor position … this training program will help you make the most of it!
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of a leader.
- Make the transition to leadership.
- Effectively communicate with your team, superior, colleagues and others with whom you interact.
- Manage your time and priorities.
- Understand your legal responsibilities.
- Manage performance and take effective corrective action.
- Engage effective problem-solving skills.
- Lead change.
- Select new members for your team.
Dates: April 14th & April 21st, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cleveland State University, Monte Ahuja College of Business, 1860 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115 (map)
|Have questions? Contact us today about this course.|