The University will cover the in-state portion of all instructional and general fees up to eight (8) credit hours of undergraduate or graduate courses per semester or fees for continuing education courses up to the equivalent cost of eight (8) undergraduate credit hours per semester. If the faculty/staff member takes less than eight (8) credit hours (graduate or undergraduate), the University will also cover continuing education fees up to the cost of the unused credit hours at the undergraduate rate. Any unused credit hours cannot be banked. Application, U-Pass, Lab. and transcript fees are the responsibility of the employee. Premium-priced programs (e.g. EMBA, AMBA) are reimbursed at the normal graduate or law rate.
The following staff members are eligible for the staff development benefit
- Faculty, Academic Administrators, Professional and Classified staff whose appointments are full-time and six (6) months or longer and employed on the first day of the session.
- Part-time Academic Administrators, Professional and Classified staff whose appointments are part-time (20 or more hours/week) and six (6) months or longer and employed on the first day of the session.
- Retired Faculty and Staff who were full-time, had at least five (5) years of CSU service, and retired from CSU.
THE FOLLOWING ARE INELIGIBLE FOR STAFF DEVELOPMENT:
- Part-time faculty, including lecturers & adjuncts.
- Temporary faculty and staff (hired for fewer than 6 months).
- Persons working at CSU but not paid by the University.
- Student employees and graduate assistants
To use your staff development benefit with the Professional Development Center, simply:
1. Complete the form found here
2. Indicate the Professional Development Course name and start date.
3. If the course is online, please indicate it next to the course name.
4. Get the form approved and signed by your Supervisor
5. Fax or scan the form back to the Professional Development Center at Fax: 216.687.9309 or Prodev.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will submit it to Treasury Services.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: