Becker and Cleveland State University's Monte Ahuja College of Business are offering a new online elective - the Cleveland State University/Becker CPA Review course! Beginning January 19, 2016, the Becker CPA Exam Review Course will be offered for all Cleveland State University students who are pursuing Certified Public Accountant (CPA) status. The objective of this course is to prepare you to sit for the CPA exam.
The courses are:
- ACT 496 - Special Topics in Accounting (Undergraduate students)
- ACT 696 - Current Problems in Accounting (Graduate students)
In order to register, you will need prior approval from the Accounting Department. In order to get approval, please see Marilyn Leadbetter in the Department of Accounting Office (BU 512) or call 216.587.4720 for approval.
Becker CPA Becker CPA Exam Materials will be used for this class. Students will need to purchase the Becker materials in addition to the CSU credit hours. Please call customer service at 877-CPA-EXAM to order Becker. If your firm is paying for Becker, please state that when ordering your materials.
Meeting the Becker promise for each section of the exam is a requirement for this class. The Becker promise is at least one time, answering 90% or better the multiple choice questions and viewing all lectures for each section. The Becker software is good for 18 months, so in the event that you are unable to sit for the exams during the class, you can use the same materials for your review before you take each exam.
- Two 50% scholarships will be available for the Becker CPA Exam Review Course
- Two scholarships will be given for the CSU Course ACT 496/696
- Scholarship applications are available in the Department of Accounting Office and MUST be completed and submitted to Marilyn Leadbetter by Friday, December 11, 2015.
Please download the PDF file of the scholarship application: Becker-CSU Application Form.pdf