Our 3-Day Global Business Bootcamp Returns!
Are you the person at your company who gets all the questions on all things international? Are you new to a position where global competency is expected, but you feel underprepared? This program is for you. This three-day seminar comprehensively reviews the essential how-to’s of global business basics for working professionals the realm of international trade. Our "boot camp" covers the top 150 points of knowledge ranging from sales, marketing, management, logistics, payment and many others. Perfect for the professional who "doesn't know what they don't know" about doing business internationally. Get up to speed quickly on all the basics. Course is aligned to the NASBITE CGBP business certification in global trade. Discounts available for SBDC clients and government employees.
|Dates Available:||November 7 through 9, 2022|
|Schedule:||15-part online course. Our 3-day in person course is created in alignment with the NASBITE CGBP certificate.|
|LOCATION:||Monte Ahuja College of Business (BU) Room 16
1860 E 18th St
Cleveland, OH 44114
What you’ll receive:
- Registration includes a comprehensive workbook of all fifteen sections, both hardcopy and digital, a digital copy of the book International Logistics, 6th ed. by David,
- A complementary pass to take the CGBP practice exam.
- Additionally, daily lunch, snacks, and parking are included with your course registration.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be prepared to sit for the NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional credential exam, which measures 150 “rubrics” of comprehensive global business practices. This boot camp covers four domains of trade: Global Business Management, International Logistics, International Marketing and Trade Finance. Here are a few of the many subtopics included in this 15-part webinar course:
- Select modes of entry to foreign markets
- Review top marketing techniques to boost foreign sales
- Choose appropriate Incoterms
- Understand global payment mechanisms
- Calculate landed cost of merchandise into the county of import
- Access government tools, services, and grants for exporters
- Evaluate international freight forwarders
- Complete international documentation for customs clearance
- Check foreign buyers’ credit
- Navigate international trade compliance
- How to best prepare yourself to pass the NASBITE CGBP exam
The Certified Global Business Professional Credential:
- Can help you to diversify your skills in global commerce
- Insure that you have an understanding of a wide range of topics rather than just the specific field within international trade in which you have experience
- Demonstrate to companies that you have completed the necessary professional development goals within the field of international trade
- Training will cover primary content of the CGBP exam
About the Instructor:
Nate Ward is Director of the Small Business Development Center Export Assistance Network at Cleveland State University. He has taught international supply chain and his center specializes in international market research. He has conducted export business in over 25 countries over eight years in the manufacturing sector in sales, logistics and management.
Convened in partnership with:
The Small Business Development Centers of Ohio. The Ohio SBDC program is funded in part by the Ohio Development Service Agency (ODSA). All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author (s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the ODSA. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
The Small Business Development Center Export Assistance Network, hosted by Cleveland State University's Monte Ahuja College of Business and funded by the Ohio Small Business Development Center, offers free and discreet business consulting to Small and Medium Sized businesses who want to grow their export sales.
For more information please contact: