Bookkeeping forms the backbone of every organization's payroll efforts. Payroll processing is among the most technical and precise operations in any business or organization. This 100% online course will teach you the best practices for managing bookkeeping and payroll operations. Key topics include payroll functions, using QuickBooks 2019 for basic accounting and more.
HOW ARE BOOKKEEPING AND PAYROLL RELATED?
Bookkeepers serve on the front lines of a person, company or organization's financial health. Payroll is a key aspect of an organization’s finances, so bookkeepers are often tasked with handling both. Strong bookkeepers set up, deploy and manage systems that record the flow of funds into (revenue) and out of (payroll and expenses) an entity's accounts.
WHY DO BOOKKEEPERS NEED QUICKBOOKS?
QuickBooks® has replaced the manual entry functions of traditional bookkeeping. However, the organization, reporting and use of financial data still rely heavily on human input and processing. Knowing how to automate your bookkeeping practice with QuickBooks is an important aspect to staying competitive in today’s job market.
- Set up and utilize QuickBooks 2019
- Perform basic bookkeeping equations
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods and trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions
- Master the mathematics and formulas for calculating wages and taxes
- Learn the benefits and compensation programs commonly offered by employers
- Understand the regulations governing payroll practices, including the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 and the Internal Revenue Code
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.