March 12th and 13th, 2020
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Cleveland State University, Monte Ahuja College of Business, 1860 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115 (map)
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. The same applies to digital marketing reporting. This course is focused on two main topics, collecting the data needed for reports and visually communicating performance. Both topics are critical for ensuring optimal digital marketing return on investment (ROI). Discover how to establish the right team and technology stack to collect actionable digital marketing data that goes beyond vanity metrics like impressions and clicks. Learn how to transform that data into insightful and interactive visual stories using the free data visualization tool, Google Data Studio. Digital marketing is only truly sustainable when you can measure and communicate performance. Without organizational recognition of digital marketing successes, your investments are vulnerable to underfunding and even budget cuts that hurt overall business performance.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Provide a thorough explanation of digital marketing data collection and data visualization.
- Execute a project to determine how digital marketing efforts impact their company’s bottom line.
- Explain the key components of a data-driven team and a comprehensive digital marketing technology stack.
- Execute key strategies to improve data integrity and accuracy.
- Create visual reports from business data using Google Data Studio.
- Articulate the importance of measurement and data visualization.
- Measure key performance indicators of digital marketing ROI.