In an article written by Harvard Business Review, research results on leadership showed that empathy was the top attribute an one needs to exist in today digital, global economy (Source).
What is empathy? Emotional intelligence. Emotional Intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Emotional Intelligence underpins our capacity to work well with others, manage stress and make effective decisions. These abilities can be measured and learned.
This class looks at the far-reaching implications of Emotional Intelligence for cultivating personal excellence and enhanced service. Members of work teams, project leaders and supervisors will improve their ability to influence others, coach effectively and lead productive meetings. Also included are numerous practical strategies for building E.I. in teams and whole organizations as well as a personal E.I assessment created by Dr. Travis Bradberry.
Course materials can be found here.
- State the business case for emotional intelligence
- Understand personal health and wellness benefits of emotional intelligence
- List four core EQ skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to choose appropriate strategies for recognizing and managing emotions in self and others.
- Apply relationship management strategies to improve interpersonal communication.
- Complete EI 2.0 online self-assessment prior to class and bring report to class.
- Confirm validity of self-assessment
- Use EI 2.0 self-assessment to set 3 to 6 months S.M.A.R.T. goal(s) for improving emotional intelligence
- Apply knowledge of emotional intelligence in workplace setting
- Set personal goal for increasing EI at work.
|Have questions? Contact us today about this course.|