IT networks seamlessly connect devices to the data and tools that provide users with the information they need. This 100% online course will teach you to configure, manage and troubleshoot hard-wired and wireless IT networks. Key topics include network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-007).
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE COMPTIA NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION PROCESS?
A thorough CompTIA Network+ Certification training course will prepare you to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. The exam is a comprehensive validation of the knowledge and skills required to set up, deploy and manage a hard-wired or wireless IT network.
It tests for professional-level competency in the following areas:
- Designing and implementing IT networks
- Configuring, managing, and maintaining network devices
- Using devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic in order to create resilient networks
- Reviewing existing network configurations for their strengths and weaknesses
- Implementing and managing network security standards and protocols
- Troubleshooting problems with hard-wired and wireless networks
- Since the CompTIA Network+ Certification is considered a leading-edge credential, the exam covers cloud and virtualization technologies
- How to install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices
- Routing protocols, computer forensic practices, and addressing and cloud computing technologies
- All about WAN/LAN technology, addressing services like DHCP, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and Domain Name Services (DNS)
- How to implement a basic wireless network and wireless security
- How to conduct network monitoring and perform network performance optimization
- Be prepared to take and pass the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-007)
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA recommends having up to 12 months of hands-on experience before taking the Network+ certification exam.
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.