Certified Credit Counselors help clients take control of their financial lives. From budgeting to navigating the complexities of the banking and credit industries, Certified Credit Counselors teach and guide others to financial sustainability. In this 100% online course, you will learn the concepts, strategies and techniques of credit counseling. Upon successful completion of the course and final exam, you will receive the Credit Counseling Certification from the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors (NACCC).
WHAT ARE A CERTIFIED CREDIT COUNSELOR’S JOB DUTIES?
Credit Counselors advise individuals and organizations on managing debt. The issues they address may involve whether or not to take on loans, credit card management, debt repayment and specific debt issues such as medical bills or student loans. Some specific tasks may include:
- Creating debt management plans, spending plans, or budgets
- Calculating a clients’ available monthly income to meet debt obligations
- Arranging debt repayment to avoid bankruptcy or foreclosure
- Organizing repayment to reduce borrowing costs by paying high-interest or short-term loans first.
- Recommending strategies for clients to meet their financial goals
- Interviewing clients to gather financial information
- Explaining financial topics such as credit report ratings, bankruptcy laws, consumer protection laws, wage attachments, or collection actions
IS CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR CREDIT COUNSELORS?
Credit Counselors work with highly confidential and often complex, personal matters. They often represent civic or non-profit organizations where trust and competence are of the highest importance. For these responsibilities, certification such as that offered by the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors (NACCC) signals that you have undertaken a challenging course of preparation and have documented your expertise at the highest levels.
- Counseling and communication techniques
- Poverty, Cultural and Socioeconomic Variables
- Understanding Consumer Protection Law
- Banking essentials
- Credit industry knowledge
- Credit scoring knowledge
- Credit counselor ethics
- Evaluating Alternatives to resolving debt
- You will learn banking and credit fundamentals to educate clients and help them eliminate debt and improve credit scores
- You will learn credit counselor ethics and other information to help future counselors work ethically, professionally, and legally
- You will receive the NACCC Certified Credit Counselor designation after passing the final exam
|This course is open enrollment|