Accounts Payable (AP) Specialists perform a vital function in today's organizations by making sure their bills and commitments are paid on time, accurately, and completely. This 100% online course will teach you the concepts, requirements and procedures for handling accounts payable. By course completion, you will be fully prepared to pass the Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) certification, offered by the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM).
WHAT DO ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALISTS DO?
When companies purchase goods, services or commodities online, they incur obligations to repay their vendors and providers under specific circumstances. Those obligations are recorded as "accounts payable." Organizing, managing and repaying those accounts receivable keeps an organization on good terms with its creditors and may influence its ability to borrow. Accounts payable specialists may also participate in the organization's cash management procedures.
IS CERTIFICATION REQUIRED FOR AN ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST?
Certification marks an employee or job prospect as one who values and practices high professional standards. While formal degrees may be helpful for accounting and bookkeeping positions, excellent certifications signal a candidate's capability, often at a much lower cost.
- Learn the foundations of accounts payable and its best practices, including internal controls and tax and regulatory matters
- Be able to identify process improvements in the accounts payable function
- Understand automation technology, its terminology, and how it impacts accounts payable
- Prepare to take and pass the Institute of Finance & Management's (IOFM) Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) certification exam
|This course is 100% online. Start anytime.|
Prerequisites and Requirements:
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, to be eligible for the APS certification exam, you must meet the following requirements:
- No degree = 3 years of AP experience
- 2-year degree = 2 years of AP experience
- 4-year degree = 1 years of AP experience