The Ohio Export Internship program is designed for companies looking to export for the first time or improve their export initiatives.
The program matches businesses with highly motivated, pre-screened students from Ohio universities and colleges who have taken export-focused coursework at Cleveland State University, The Ohio State University or Youngstown State University.
Advantages for Employers:
- Participating businesses are provided 50% reimbursement for the intern's wages (Up to $3,600).
- You receive trained, full-time summer interns focused on export development.
- There is a uniquely tailored scope of work with specific deliverables for the student, and the employer.
- Students are mentored and closely supervised by the Ohio Development Services Agency and participating universities.
- Interested employers can apply by logging onto the Ohio Development Services Agency site here.
- Building your company for export readiness.
- Helping to identify new markets.
- Providing market-specific research and analysis.
- Streamlining current export processes and procedures.
The Commitment: Companies participating in the program must provide the following...
- Strategic commitment to grow an export market.
- Compensation for the internship position.
- Managerial guidance for the intern.
- Existing or planned export budget.
- Participation in a program evaluation.
|September 20||Company applications open.|
|February 1, 2021||Deadline for companies to apply by logging onto the Ohio Development Services Agency site here.|
|April 2021||Companies are notified of acceptance and student match.|
|May - August 2021||Students intern at companies.|
|August 2021||2021 Ohio Export Internship Program Showcase|
Learn more by viewing the video below or contact:
|Who:||Wendi Howell, Export Assistance Program Manager|
Watch the video, featuring Cleveland State Ohio Export Intern Kamryn Sharer here: