MBA Program Details:
The Monte Ahuja College of Business Administration offers a world-class, interdisciplinary MBA degree. All of our programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the hallmark of quality in management education worldwide. The MBA Program consists of three levels of courses.
These courses focus on developing quantitative and verbal skills. They may be waivable on the basis of GMAT/GRE results. Please speak with a Graduate Advisor or the Chair of the Department of Information Systems for details.
- GAD 501: Business English
- GAD 502: Intermediate Business English
- OSM 500: Mathematical Models for Business
Level Two courses build a foundation for business by covering all major busines disciplines: accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and operations and supply chain management. These courses may be waivable on the basis of recent undergraduate coursework. Please speak with a Graduate Advisor or the Chair of the Department of Information Systems for details.
- ACT 501: Financial Accounting
- ECN 503: Economic Concepts
- FIN 501: Financial Management
- GAD 515: Communications for Managers
- MBA 500: Environment of Business
- MKT 501: Marketing Management
- OSM 503: Statistical Methods for Business Decisions
- OSM 511: Operations Management
These courses are the core of the MBA program and are non-waivable. They consist of three groups.
Group A: Functional Core Courses
- ACT 600: Managerial Accounting
- FIN 601: Financial Policies
- MKT 601: Marketing Strategy
- MGT 601: Human Resources Management and Labor Relations
Group B: Integrative Core Courses
- MBA 600: Team Dynamics
- MBA 602: International Business
- MBA 603: Management of Innovation and Technology
- MBA 660: Integrative Business Strategy
Group C: Electives
MBA candidates may elect to seek a concentration in Information Systems by taking nine (9) hours of elective coursework. Below are the elective courses that an MBA candidate may complete to receive a concentration in Information Systems.
MBA ELECTIVE COURSES IN Information System
|IST 600||Fundamentals of System Development (4 credits)|
|IST 601||IT for Competitive Advantage (3 credits)|
|IST 602||Advanced Programming for Business System (3 credits)|
|IST 603||System Analysis Methods (3 credits)|
|IST 604||Modern Database Design/Implementation (3 credits)|
|IST 606||Management of Business Networks (3 credits)|
|IST 635||Business Value of IT (3 credits)|