Past ITAC Programs and Events:
The ITAC at the Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University is now the Small Business Development Center - Export Assistance Network. The SBDC Export Assistance Network is dedicated to assisting Northeast Ohio businesses in defining global markets, exporting into international markets, keeping up-to-date on trade agreement rules and regulations, training employees in best practices, global logistics, compliance and much more.
Past ITAC programs that will now be delivered by the SBDC Export Assistance Network include:
- Intro to Exporting
- North America Free Trade Agreement and other Free Trade Agreements: Rules and Updates
- Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) Training Course(s)
- Export Compliance ITAR/EAR Seminar
- International Standards: Europe and China Markings
- Increase Export Sales in Europe: How to Localize your Website and Marketing
Exporting is a tremendous way to balance your business, create new sales opportunities and broaden your horizons. Find out how to prepare your business for exporting, learn ways to find and enter new markets, discover how to overcome barriers, mitigate risks and more. Discover the many free and low-cost opportunities to reach the rest of the world!
This training session assists in determining whether FTA rates apply to products and/or services. Topics included:
- NAFTA's History and Successes To Date
- The Future of NAFTA: Challenges and Opportunities
- Understand how to determine if your products qualify for NAFTA
- Learn how to use the NAFTA Rules of Origin - AKA Annex 401
- Overview of the 3 new FTA's (Colombia, Panama, S. Korea)
- NAFTA Certificates of Origins - Common errors, when you should/ shouldn't fill one out
- Understand preference criteria A-F. How to determine which one your goods qualify for
- Supporting documentation - How do you obtain one, and when should you use a manufacturer's affidavit
- Formulas for determining regional value content or a change in tariff classification
- Fungible goods and materials/De Minimis- What are they? How does this affect you?
This program is designed to assist companies explore or expand into foreign markets. This is the most comprehensive overview of international business – from export compliance, logistics, international marketing, market selection, payment tools and much more. Fifteen narrated sessions. Includes access to CGBP practice exam and International Logistics e-textbook. For more detailed information about the Certified Global Business Professional Credential, please click here.
This program will provide participants with a solid understanding of Export Compliance under ITAR and EAR, with a focus on Export Control Reform (ECR). It further provides each attendee with an understanding of their responsibilities in supporting their companies’ compliance responsibilities. A few of the topics covered included:
- Responsibilities for Compliance
- Knowing Your Customer
- Export Control Reform
- Manufacturers Licensing Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Licensing (in general)
- Violations, Penalties and Administrative Procedures
This seminar will transform your understanding of how to use the internet to support your European business development objectives.
Speaker(s): IBT Partners helps companies to grow exports and business in Europe by developing and marketing country specific websites in company's target markets. IBT partner's vision is to provide international business and trade development through the application of online technologies and services. ibt partners is a team of experienced and professional web-savvy European business developers, based in the USA, the UK, Germany and France.
For more information:
|Contact:||Nate Ward, SBDC EAN Director|